Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baking Pies

I've been elbow-deep in lovely pie crust dough all evening.  I was fortunate to marry into a family with some incredible traditions, the best of those traditions being PIE NIGHT.  Yes, folks, you read correctly.  There is a day of the year which my beloved in-laws devote entirely to the incredibly amazing, all-American, perfectly round delicacy that is PIE.  Oh my, oh my, oh my-- I love pie.  (So much that I'm declaring my devotion through rhyme, apparantly!)

It occurs on the night before Thanksgiving and it is the holiest of holidays in my book.  It's simply the best!  As we're not able to fly home this year, we're hosting our own Californian version of Pie Night.  So far we've got 15 pies coming (and their makers, too, of course)!  I'll follow with more details and pictures soon, but I'm just so excited I can't help but share my joy with all you lovely folks.  With any luck, Pie Night will catch on and someday become a national holiday.  

Ahhh....sweet, sweet pie--you make me cry (tears of joy)...

1 comment:

Erica Kelly said...

that is such a fun tradition! i can't wait until im old enough to start making and embracing traditions of my own. hmm im thinking cheesecake night?? oh goodness. ;)